4.27.2008

Finality

I don't know if this is a good time or bad time to post my first blog. If blogging is therapeutic as some say, then it's a good time. If it is not, then it is the worst possible time. You see, this past week we laid two friends to rest. A tragic wreck took their lives instantly. A young mother, only 28 and her seven year old handsome son. The family they left behind is a dear husband/father, a beautiful 4 year old daughter/sister, and a 3 month old son/brother. It was much too soon for them to leave this earth in my opinion but in my heart I know the Lord's timing is perfect. We may never understand what "good" will or has come out of their deaths but all things happen for the glory of God.

My Father's way may twist and turn,
My heart may throb and ache,
But in my soul I'm glad I know,
He maketh no mistake.

My cherished plans may go astray,
My hopes may fade away,
But still I'll trust my Lord to lead,
For He does know the way.

Tho' night be dark and it may seem,
That day will never break,
I'll pin my faith, my all, in Him,
He maketh no mistake.

There's so much I cannot see,
My eyesight's far too dim,
But come what may I'll simply trust
And leave it all to Him.

For by and by the mist will lift
And plain it all He'll make,
Through all the way tho' dark to me
He made not one mistake.

A. M. Overton

No comments: