6.21.2008

The Sound of Silence

I am sitting at home listening to…NOTHING. It has been a while since it has been this quiet at my house and also a while since I’ve had time to sit down at home and write in my blog.

It was a busy week. Lots of shopping and preparations for the grandbabies big “# 1” birthday party and for my daughter’s mission trip.

The birthday party was GREAT! My little redheads loved digging into their cakes and getting it all over them…and even tasting some ever now and then. We had a big crowd of family and friends. Lots of presents, food and swimming. WHEW. It was fun but I’m glad it’s over.

But now the babies are spending a couple of days with their other grandparents and my daughter has gone to Wyoming.

My daughter and 33 others from several churches are headed to Wyoming to help with VBS and do some construction work at a couple of churches. I hope they can be a light for Jesus and plant some seeds.

My daughter has only been gone for 12 hours now but I miss her already. I miss “Mama, where’s my “whatever?””. “Mama, what’s to eat?”. The grandbabies have only been gone about 6 hours and I already miss the pitter patter of little feet, the foreign baby language, the giggles, cries when they fall or bump their head, slobbery kisses and yes, even poopy diapers.

It is so quiet around my house. I don’t think I really like the sound of silence at all. No, not at all.

No comments: