7.16.2013

The Empty Bucket List

I don’t have a bucket list.  I’m no spring chicken anymore so I’ve thought about it a lot lately but I really don’t know what to put on it.  I’m not a very adventurist person.  I’m not a thrill seeker or adrenaline rush junkie.  My OCD and phobias grow more pronounced the older I get.  I am acrophobic, claustrophobic, arachnophobic, aquaphobic and mysophobic.  So, that knocks out the majority of things I’m guessing most other people have on their list, like sky diving, snorkeling, hang gliding, swimming with dolphins, cave exploring, zip lining, mountain climbing, etc.

But who says your bucket list has to be only extremely physical things?  Can’t it simply be things, or even people, you would enjoy seeing?  That would make it easier for me.

I really don’t have a hobby so to speak.  I do like gardening and nature and I do like to try new foods.  I guess those two things could be worked into something worthwhile to begin my list.

There are a few places I’d like to visit.  I’d love to watch the bats at Carlsbad Caverns.  And NO, I would never want to go inside the caves.  I’d like to see the Redwood forest and Callaway Gardens. 

I would also like to visit Portland, Oregon.  Portland has become the food mecca of the US and I’d love to try some different foods. 

Of course all this visiting requires traveling.  I’m not flying so that means a lot of driving.  It also means staying in hotels…those places where hundreds of other people have slept and showered.  How do I know the sheets are fresh and the toilet was scrubbed?  Maybe I should buy a camper.

Well, so far here is my list:

1.
2.
3.

Any suggestions?  What’s on your list?

1 comment:

dmarks said...

1. Vacation in Detroit