10.08.2009

Off and Running

It seems like once Labor Day hits every year, the next four months are loaded down busy! This year will be no exception. But I’m looking forward to it all.

We’ve had/got birthday parties, football games, homecoming is this Saturday at Co-lin, garden show, a photo shoot, a new baby, family reunion, Trunk or Treat plus the usual Halloween night stuff, a wedding, Mistletoe Marketplace, Thanksgiving, Christmas. Not necessarily in that order. Before this Saturday I’ve got to buy a wedding shower gift, a birthday gift and a secret pal gift. Whew. At least it looks like a trip to Hattiesburg is in store. Now the best part…where to eat…hmmmm.

I’m still loving Mellow Mushroom! Their bruschetta appetizer is so delicious. Which if the redheads are with us we’ll probably end up at Raising Canes. Have to do something a little more family friendly when those two are in tow. They’re not picky about their eating but they tend to get a little loud sometimes.

I’m still wondering why sister #1 scheduled a family reunion on the Saints-Giants game day. Didn’t she know the Saints would be 4 and 0 at that time? Did she not have any confidence in our usually disappointing team? Oh well, like the baby shower I hosted, we’ll just have to leave the tv on. (don’t freak…it was strictly an all family baby shower, third baby, very informal  )

I can’t wait for the garden show. I just love to go and see all the beautiful flowers at that place. And this year Frick Frack Foto is gonna meet me there and get some shots of the redheads. I had thought I’d let the girls wear their green outfit with their little floral green high top tennis shoes but they got their new boots in yesterday and they are SO cute! I may have to come up with something to go with those. I’ll have to hit The Children’s Place and see what they have. My daughter had already found a really cute dress that would blend with their green that she’s gonna wear for a group photo. It has greens, purples and golds in it. I have the girls a purple skirt ordered that should be here any day so we may just go with that and get a shirt to match. Decisions. Decisions.

I’ll be so glad when those little squirts grow some more. They are two years and three months old. An 18 month pant or skirt falls off of them but a 12 month pant is too short. I’m really having trouble finding pants for the winter. They eat anything you put in front of them. Fruit. Veggies. Meat. Anything except a hamburger or sandwich. They just won’t eat bread yet. I guess they are just gonna be small. Their mom and dad both are small framed.

Okay. It’s only Thursday but I’m geared up for a busy weekend. Hope y’all have a good one too.

4 comments:

parrotmom said...

Tank hope your weekend is going as planned.

black betty said...

i am getting so excited about saturday! those girls will all be so purdy, and it will be nice to put a face to such a wonderful blogger buddy. ;)

xoxo

AM said...

What she said!

black betty said...

tick tock...tick tock... :D