10. She’s smaller so she handles better than the truck.
9. The radio doesn’t work so I can meditate while I’m driving.
8. Insurance is cheap.
7. She doesn’t have a horrible license plate. Just a normal one. And it’s cheap too. About $36.
6. The air conditioner may not work but the heater sure does. Only on high though.
5. She humbles me. No, I’m not too proud to drive a fourteen year old car. I just salivate a little bit when I see the new ’09 Altimas.
4. She gets better gas mileage than the truck. She was on empty yesterday and I filled her up for $18.00.
3. The dark green doesn’t show dirt. Not too bad anyway. Aw shucks. She’s dirty. I just can’t see spending time and energy washing an old car.
2. She’s dependable in her old age. She hit 275,000 on my way home yesterday. That’s a lot of miles. She still runs well. And we’ve only had to do a major repair (around $1,000) just once. That still beat a new car note.
1. She’s paid for.