8.11.2008

It's Done!

My annual check up and mammogram are over. Actually it’s been three years since I’ve been. And that time was a “have to”, a requirement before my gastric bypass surgery. Which this was better than the five year wait before that one.

There’s nothing fun about a pelvic exam. It is the most embarrassing and mortifying experience I’ve ever been through. I’d rather have all my teeth drilled and filled rather than have that exam. The mammogram, not any better. I won’t even go there.

And did these doctors just wake up one day and say “hey, I want to be a gynecologist. That’ll be a real fun job”? Mike Rowe should definitely do an episode on this. Unclogging a sewer or making fertilize out of cow dung can’t be any worse than a gynecologist.

But seriously, I know it’s for my own good. I’m gonna do my best to make it an annual event. I know I should. I’ll do it for my husband, my daughter and my granddaughters. I’ll do in honor of my friends who have fought cancer…and won. And for my daddy, who fought cancer and lost. And I’ll do it for myself too.

No comments: