11.24.2008

Weekend Wrap Up

It was an extremely busy weekend.

Friday night – Since this was the first time in weeks we haven’t had a football game, my daughter went out to eat with a friend and my husband went to bed early so me and the redheads had girl time. They were in a great mood. They played and giggled for hours. We all went to sleep in one bed. I got up and eased them into their baby beds and then went to bed myself.

Hubby and I got up very early and went to Hattiesburg. We went to Chik-Fil-A and had breakfast then went to Target. Since I found everything I needed in Target we didn’t have to go anywhere else. We had planned to stop by Walmart in Columbia and pick up milk and a few items but on the spur of the moment we decided to check out the new Corner Market in Bellvue. It was a really nice grocery. We found a few items that they don’t carry at Walmart. There was a little Asian guy making fresh sushi. I’ve never had sushi so I thought I’d give it a try. Maybe the grocery isn’t the best place to try it for the first time but I did. I got the spicy crab. We ate that for lunch when we got home. It was okay but not something I’ll probably buy again. My husband actually really liked it though.

After lunch we rearranged furniture and then put up the Christmas tree. Now I’ve never put the tree up this early before, never before Thanksgiving, but I was so anxious to see how the redheads would react. They were very curious. They say “tree” as they grab the branches. We’ve said “no” so many times now they look at us before they touch it because they know what’s coming. They are minding pretty well though.

My daughter had to work Saturday night so hubby, me and the girls went to town and had supper at Wendy’s. We also went to Rite Aid and Walmart. Apparently somewhere along the way Lil Sis picked up a germ. I got up to get ready for church Sunday morn and when she woke up I noticed she was burning up with fever. It was anywhere from 102.3 to 102.9 all day and night Sunday. Needless to say, none of us got much sleep last night. My daughter was to have her at the doctor at 2:00 today. Just waiting on the call now to see what it is. I hate it when my babies are sick.

So I’m back at work but am looking forward to a long weekend and shopping on black Friday...if all my family is well.

1 comment:

black betty said...

listening to the places you went makes me miss my years in hattiesburg. i LOVE that area.

so...any recent pics of those red-heads??????